Losing a loved one is incredibly hard. We help our clients with the administrative and legal aspects following the death of a loved one.
We can help you stay on top of the latest news that affects your everyday life. Subscribe to stay up to date. (To subscribe to our blog click here).
When a loved one dies, there are many things to do and many are time sensitive.
First, there are many practical items to consider. These may include:
- Finding care for any pets;
- Determining if there are funeral instructions, arrangements, or prepayments;
- Notifying family and friends;
- Preparing an obituary;
- Securing the home, and many other practical items.
After the initial matters have been addressed, it is important to know whether there is an estate plan.
The trustee must be notified so that they can take action, pursuant to the terms of the estate plan.
Even if no estate plan exists, surviving loved ones should still take action to:
- Determine any professional advisors, such as financial advisors, lawyers, etc.;
- Obtain copies of the death certificate; and
- locate any life insurance policies, bank statements, and other legal documents.
The administrative side of losing a loved one can be overwhelming.
We help our clients walk through this critical and trying time to help make the process as smooth as possible.
If you need help with your estate plan or following the death of a loved one, we can help.
Contact us today to help you get the right documents in place or to update your current estate plan. We will plan so that you don’t have to worry about your future.
We publish vital information every Wednesday and Friday. To get this important information delivered directly to your mailbox, click here to Subscribe.
Contact us today with all your legal needs!